BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

After replacing the starter on my 2001 chevy tahoe, I

Customer Question

After replacing the starter on my 2001 chevy tahoe, I reconnect the battery terminals and the starter starts cranking without the key in the ignition. What the heck did I do wrong?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. It sounds like to connected the small wire to the wrong terminal or the large cable is touching the small terminal. You need to double check the connection. If they are fine the the starter itself was not built properly. Let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. It sounds like to connected the small wire to the wrong terminal or the large cable is touching the small terminal. You need to double check the connection. If they are fine the the starter itself was not built properly. Let me know if you need more help.