Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

My Son and s friend changed s heater core in s 1998 blazer 4

Customer Question

My Son and his friend changed his heater core in his 1998 blazer 4 weeks ago and everything went well except he has no headlights either auto or manual. People have been looking at it since with no luck. He recently lost his wife to cancer and can't afford another vehicle to get him back and forth to his job of 19 years. Any suggestions? Richard XXXX Berea, KY XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did the headlamps stop working right after it was replaced? Do all of the other outside lights work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they never worked after changing from the start, but all other lights, turn signals. etc..work fine.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do you have an answer for me?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 12 months ago.

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back with you. I was having some computer issues. Would you still like help with this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have been waiting on your answer.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for the response. Lets see if we can take care of this now. Can you tell me if the high beams are working?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No headlights work, but everything else is fine.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 12 months ago.

The only part under the dash that would really cause this would be the body control module or if a connection was knocked loose. If they have a voltage meter I can run them through some tests to find the issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Don't have one.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 12 months ago.

Besides checking connections it is going to be hard to diagnose this without a meter. Unfortunately there is not other way I can think of. If you would like I can opt out and see if another expert has any other ideas.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 12 months ago.

I will opt out. Please dont rate or respond as it will lock to me. Hopefully someone will get to you soon.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 12 months ago.

Hello I am Reggie and will see if I can help. First i am sorry to hear of your sons loss. I believe your year model has a drl relay mounted about center of the dash close to floor i believe perhaps he accidentally unhooked it.