Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

2005 chevy 1 ton duramax coolant leaking down right rear

Customer Question

2005 chevy 1 ton duramax coolant leaking down right rear side between engine and bell housing only after shutting truck off and it sits over night ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Rent or borrow a cooling system pressure tester and pump up the cooling system and find the leak and repair it. If you need help with instructions or anything after you identify where the leak is coming from, perhaps I can provide them but if you want me to tell you where the leak is coming from, that is impossible because I cannot see it. If you want to to lookup technical service bulletins about where other vehicles have leaked from that doesn't always mean that is where yours is leaking from. It's best just to look and see and go from there.

Most auto-parts stores will allow you to borrow or rent a cooling system pressure tester, most of the time for free.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 12 months ago.

Have you found the source of the leak yet?