Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Only On cold morning start ups, my '06 Trailblazer comes

Customer Question

Only On cold morning start ups, my '06 Trailblazer comes down off of fast idle to a sputter then stalls. Restart does the same a few times, unless I feed some gas pedal. After about 30 seconds I can drive away and everything works as normal. Pep Boys checked it an said it was a fuel delivery code.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you know what the actual code number is? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pep Boys code was P0171 system too lean Bank 1
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This is a common problem caused by leaking intake gaskets. Since problem happens when cold this is when you will want to check for leaks. When intake gasket first starts to leak it will be worse when cold because gasket will expand when warm stopping leak. Check for a vacuum leak by spraying water around the engine when cold and see if it reacts, if so you know there is a vacuum leak in that area. Another thing to check is the PCV hose/valve which can leak. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.