rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Truck will stop running. Will not start or 4 min. or longer

Customer Question

Customer: Truck will stop running. Will not start for 3 or 4 min. or longer then starts and runs fine then same over
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has tryed to stop at lights or in park. then it will run a day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will pay! But how long is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Most complaints I hear like this are related to the CRANK sensor and this can be tested with a scan tool or a lab scope. You may want to also check your fuel pressure and volume with a gauge yoo.

Thanks, Ron