Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My headlights wont come off even after I take out the keys

Customer Question

my headlights wont come off even after I take out the keys out of the ignition switch, and lock the doors. the only way they go out is if I take out the fuse for each light out of the fuse box.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a stuck on head lamp relay.I have seen the head lamp relay fail before and cause this needing replaced.If you can tell me the make and model of this vehicle here I can look up the relay as well as other head light components so we can do some checking to make sure the relay is the cause just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete