GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

07 chevy colbolt no crank security enabled how to bypass or

Customer Question

07 chevy colbolt no crank security enabled how to bypass or solve problem so to start car
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help? Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a mechanic my self. I visit a few shops with my scanner and perform diagnostic for them as well for my own customers. That being said I do not have access to the vehical at this moment.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

hhmm.. Thank you for letting me know. To be honest, I may not be able to help you. I can sure try.. or I can leave this question open for other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused I thought that by paying the $78.00 fee from just answer it would cover all help in any capacity?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I dont do the billing. I am sure other experts here on the site may be able to help you if I am not able to. What I am saying is that I did not know you were a mechanic so you most likley have covered all of the basics. However, if you would like, I can still try to help you. It is up to you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem with the 07 Chevy Cobolt is not complicated, I just don't know the simple solution. The security system in the vehicle is activated and I believe it does not recognize the tranponder on the key. What started this problem is the customer let the car sit for to long and the battery needed to be changed. When they put a new battery in the car it went out of wack for lack of a better term.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will try my best. Can you communicate with both the PCM and BCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't know when was your last text to me. I have an idea tthat might solve my problem after I try it weather it works or not I'll let you know. If I need further assistance ill text you thanks for your help so far talk soonCustomer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good!