Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

My 2013 chevy silverado was stolen and I was denied by my

Customer Question

my 2013 chevy silverado was stolen and I was denied by my insurance company because they say a key needed to be used how could they of stolen my truck
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Maybe you should get the police involved if you haven't already because I believe a key can be made by someone simply by knowing the vin number which is easily visible from outside the vehicle. Anyone who works for who knows someone who works for the dealer could make a key. Normally all you need is the vin number and proof of ownership and take that to the dealer and they can make a key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are involved
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Well, tell the insurance company what I told you so they will approve your claim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 12 months ago.

Did the insurance company approve your claim?