GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Installed new battery in a 2007 Chev Z71 no power at all now

Customer Question

Installed new battery in a 2007 Chev Z71 no power at all now What fuses do I check and where are they CS1
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can You tell me your first name?

I am sorry to hear about this, lets see what we can do. When you say no power I need to verify its systemic. IF so then there is a mega fuse bolted on the firewall being a black cover on the passengers side. That provides power from the battery to the drivers underhood fuse block. Can you check that and see if your fuse has popped? Testing this requires first taking it off then using a meter to check resistance or continuity over the 2 ends, or you can use a jumper cable to connect the 2 studs of the fuse mount. If this works, then replace that fuse.

If not then we need to see which fuses have power in the underhood fusee block.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If its that fuse what happened to it by just disconnecting the neg /pos cables and re-connect to new battery ?CS1

It may have been weak and the surge of connecting it may have finished it off. The nuts securing it may be loose as well which is also common.