Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

What option do i have asthe 2 chevy1500 pickup truck

Customer Question

what option do i have asthe 2 chevy*****1500 pickup truck salesmen told me how to tow this truck and it can not be towed with the 4 wheels on the road. can i return it bought it nov 23rd. wehave been back 3 times.andthey will not fix it to betowed
offered a*****for another 9 thous to me this was a fraud sale
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

I understand your frustration.

It's true that GM does not recommend flat towing a 2WD truck. On the 4WD, there is a capability to put the transfer case in neutral, which prevents the output shaft from spinning the internal components of the transmission while moving. You simply do not have this capability on the 2WD model.

To that end, if you want to flat tow this, you can remove the driveline and put a plug in the tail housing of the transmission to prevent fluid loss. This is the only way you'll be able to flat tow this truck, but it's not hard to do, if you wanted to go that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I return this truck they told me I could tow it just put the key in assoy and in neutral and pull the fuse to stop the odermeter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a new 2015 truck

You cannot tow this way.

I understand your situation, but it's up to your dealer, and they are obviously not working with you.

Ask the sales manager for the number to GM customer service, and file a complaint with them. GM has a lot of influence over the dealers and they will help you to reach a reasonable outcome.