Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I am having a lot of loud vibration with my 05 Chevy

Customer Question

I am having a lot of loud vibration with my 05 Chevy Trailblazer. It only vibrates going extra slow 0-25 mph and when I am idling. Any ideas? My husband thinks it may need a tune up. The vibration has become worse in the last week. It started doing this about a month ago. It doesn't get hot when this is happening.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light has come on with this issue here this can indicate an issue with the way the engine is running and may be a fault with worn spark plugs needing replaced or an ignition coil issue or even fuel injector issues to where they are not atomizing properly.These would need to be checked/tested to pinpoint the fault for sure then repaired from there.

If there is no check engine light and just a vibration issue this can be due to worn or damaged engine or transmission mounts needing inspected and the affected mounts replaced or an issue with the exhaust being bent or damaged causing the vibration as these are most common.These would need to be checked over further to pinpoint and repair the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete