Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years in and still going
35496794

I have a 2005 silverado and at nite when the headlites r on

Customer Question

i have a 2005 silverado and at nite when the headlites r on they blink every once in a while the battery lite comes on stays on for a bit then is off
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have had the charging system checked and its fine
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I would say this is is your early warning of an alternator failure. If system has been inspected properly and passed may be brushes getting worn pass pass pass then fail or rectifier starting to short out. For the cost I would have the alternator replace before it take the battery with it. Year make and model is 10 years old now. Let me know if you have further input and please remember to rate my service and Accept Thank you.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

If there is any further assistance I can give please ask. Remember to rate my service and Accept Thank You.