GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What's the problem when the buttons no longer shift into 4

Customer Question

Customer: what's the problem when the buttons no longer shift into*****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: (Bill) I haven't used the four wheel drive in a couple of years. When I got ready to drive in the snow this year, I serviced everything and checked fluid levels but the shift buttons did not have the usual lights on and did not engage the*****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok... I will wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

What is the year, make and model of your truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cam... My name is***** vehicle is a 1999 Chevrolet 1500 Suburban. I serviced the transfer case and both differentials. When I exited the service garage, the four wheel drive functioned as it should. I guess I called "Just Ask" too soon. I will pay the minimum charge. They have my credit card number. Thanks for the quick response.?

OK. SO this has the buttons on the left of the wheel or the right side?