Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I may have connected a 12v battery to a 6v truck. I thought

Customer Question

I may have connected a 12v battery to a 6v truck. I thought it was converted. When I installed the 12v battery, the engine turned over a couple of times, then the car was dead (as if it had no power). So how much damage did I do?
The truck is a 1953 Chevy 3600 truck.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any burned or damaged wires/fuses.If any burned or damaged wires or fuses are found they will need replaced or repaired.You can damage the starter as well as any lights that may have been switched on.Any electronics that may have been switched on when this was done may be damaged needing replaced.You would need to install the correct 6 volt battery then re check and see what works and what does not.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete