GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

, My airbag light is on in my 2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My airbag light is on in my 2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3 when it came on a few months ago the code was B0103 so I replaced both front impact sensors, and reset the codes. Still getting B0103 light still on and getting code B0053. Is my sdm bad? my truck has a slight leak and the carpet can get wet on the driver side, I know the sdm is on the floor under the seat on that side could that be the problem?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: about how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

HI there, I am Cam. Let me pull those up now. While I do that, can you tell me if you did any repairs or additions to your truck?

B0103 is a code for the air bag sensor under the front right of the radiator. B0053 is a code that says the SDM has commanded a deployment and the only way to correct it is to replace it. This code CANNOT be cleared.