GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Not all the speakers work in my 2007 Silverado

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me which speakers are working and which ones are not. Also, I need to know if the one that are not working are making any noise at all and if the ones that are working sound fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like only the ones in the window pillars are working and the ones in the doors are not no sound at all. every once in a while the ones in the doors will all come on. I have moved the wires around that go to the door speakers with no result. when I leave the key in the ignition the door chime is hardly audible.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** you know if you have the Bose radio system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is the OEM radio with AM, FM, XM and CD with MP3 plug and Steering Wheel Controls. No Remote Control Buttons. I have been on different Chevrolet Silverado sites and they claimed the plug sometimes comes loose on the Amplifier and it is located under the center front seat but i have a lockable storage and there is no room for the Amplifier.