Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Need to reset anti-thelf mode on when ome on the abs lighr

Customer Question

Need to reset anti-thelf mode on when ome on the abs lighr comea on and all gauges go to 0. Lose radio lights and inside lights
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

This isn't a problem with the theft deterrent. This is more likely a problem with the body control module. It needs diagnosis, but if I were to guess at this, I'd say you're probably going to end up needing a new module, which must be programmed by the dealer before it will work.

For these reasons, my recommendation here is to get professional diagnosis and repair, this is outside the realm of DIY repairs. What you're experiencing is a communication failure between multiple modules, likely because the body controller has stopped working. This module controls the lights, dimming, theft deterrent, and other functions on the truck.