Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2013 chevy silverado and my tail lights are not

Customer Question

I have a 2013 chevy silverado and my tail lights are not coming on ,brake ,reverse, and blinker work just no tail lights or tag lights
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

do the front parking lamps work ?

it is just the rear parking lamps and tag lights not working ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they every thing but rear and tag and right now they all work but later they won't it's on and off makes me think there is a bad connection but I can't seem to find it everything is intact
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

these are very common for bad park lamp relays or the relay terminal connections in the under hood fuse box or connections or wiring issues under the under hood fuse box and a few that mice will chew some wiring under the fuse box

since the fronts will always work fine these issues would then come down to the wiring under the under hood fuse box OR the terminal in the connection under the under hood fuse box that runs to the rear parking lights being a bad connection or on the under of the rear frame the junction block where the rear lighting wiring all connects with a bad connection

as for exaclty which it is on your truck is hard to say when they are working now

i would check under the under hood fuse box for any wiring damage if it looks good unplug the connections under the fuse box that plug into it and pack the connectors with dielectric grease then plug them back in then get to the rear lamp wiring junction block under the rear of the truck and do the same with the dielectric grease on those terminals and connections

the odds are that will correct this intermittent problem you are having

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should lift up the fuse box under the hood and get some electric grease?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well I have membership here so I will try that and get back with someone if that don't work do u know the name of grease to buy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

it is just called dielectric grease

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?