GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2009 malibu LT with 46,000 miles on it. There have

Customer Question

I have a 2009 malibu LT with 46,000 miles on it. There have been repeated problems with the steering being stiff but that appears to be fixed with a new rack and other parts.
For quite some time the brake grinding problem comes and goes but the dealer will not recognize the problem and blames it on moisture however this occurs in the driest conditions and yesterday it was severe with the sound of a flowing liquid (first time) at the same time.
I checked the fluid level and it was OK.
Any thoughts? I know it is weird but just when I think the problem is gone it shows up again. Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

Is the liquid sound coming from the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, I am looking for a one time reply that I am willing to pay for, I do not want any monthly plan. If this is not possible them let's shut this down now

I am not in control of that I will put a note thru to customer service for you.. I am just a independent automotive expert contracted by justanswer.. Can you answer me if the water sloshing is in the dash?

are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it only happened when the brakes were applied.You don't have to respond any further, have a good day and thank you.

where did the flowing liquid sound come from?