Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

2008 Saturn VUe Only blows cold air disconnected blend door

Customer Question

Customer: 2008 Saturn VUe Only blows cold air disconnected blend door actuator and connected new one electrically and no motion.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only blows cold air and will only come out at feet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, WIll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

The situation you are describing is the default position same as if u had no control head, if your display on the control head is comimg on, it is either in logic lock or it is faulty. To make sure its not locked, remove both battery cables touch them together for about a minute, turn key on then key off then hook up cables start vehicle and test if still having problem and u want to diagnose message me back and we will test

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Air is coming out of the face vents now.Will not change and no hot air coming out with engine warmed up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also,Low tire pressure light was on and off now. Tire pressure was okay and didn't know if maybe they are using this light for another signal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Air conditioner is coming on when turned to defrost and air is staying on face.Did purchase new actuators and attached them and they did not move when connected to the harness

Hello, good morning and please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you.

Now it seems to me you are going to have a faulty control head. Would you like to confirm this and diagnose it yourself?

The first thing i would do if you havent already is to do what I call a master reboot of the computer network on your car and all its modules. To do this remove both the positive and negative battery cables from the battery tie them together for a few minutes, while there tied together move your key through each position from run, start, accy and then back to lock or off. Then take the cables and re attach them to the battery. In doing this you drain all the power from all the capacitors in each module, erasing learned values, forcing the module upon key on to start fresh. This very well could fix your problem, it has for me many times.

And if it doesnt we will begin diagnosis and repair, please let me know as I am ready to help you and sorry about the delay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a 'master reboot' with no results. How should I move forward with diagnosis of control head?

Okay the fact that you have already plugged up some known good actuators with no result leaves us to check the power and ground inputs to the control head. Connector

You have 3 connectors. connector 1 is a brown 20 cavity connector. Connector 2 is a blue 16 cavity connector and connector 3 is a gray 20 cavity connector. We need to check the voltage and ground supplies to the module.

connector 2 terminal 2 is ignition power, 12 volts with key on

connector 2 terminal 4 is 12 volts battery supplied constant at all times

terminals 3 and 10 are grounds and they are in connector 2 as well

verify all of these are good. If so and you have inspected the connectors and wiring, the next step is to replace the control head, it will have to be programmed after installation, as well as a actuator re-calibration performed.

I will add it is worth trying the actuator calibration prior to control head replacement, but usually the reboot does the same.

I hope this has helped you, if so and you are happy with my answer please give me a positive rating as it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If not please allow me the chance to make you happy as your satisfaction is important.