Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1999 Tahoe 5.7. 160k I have replaced Starter, fuel pump [few

Customer Question

1999 Tahoe 5.7. 160k
I have replaced Starter, fuel pump [few months back], Fuel pressure regulator under the air intake, and just replaced the crankshaft sensor thinking it would eliminate the issue of flooding the cylinders with gas. I pulled the plugs, disconnected coil and turned the motor blowing out all the gas, put the plugs back in to have the same issue. It is hydrolock with gas and can now smell it in the crank case oil recently changed..is this a spyder injector issue or anything else?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

\does it flood like this when it is hot and cold?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was cold when we discover the hydrolock initially and never had it running since. It lock so hard and so much fuel that just letting set would not correct it requires pulling all the plugs and not something I want to continue doing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody??

sorry i missed you,,i lost the internat..

from the way you explain,if it is getting this much fuel..

i would think you have one of two problems.

1-the fuel metering body[spider] is cracked or

2-the fuel pressure regulator is leaking.

remove the upper intake,then plug up the spider and connect the fuel lines,

turn on the ignition and look at the spider injection system to see where it is leaking

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.