rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 06 Equinox and water is coming in somewhere from

Customer Question

I have an 06 Equinox and water is coming in somewhere from the front firewall area. It's not from the back as some have found. It is clear clean water and mostly on the right.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If it's not from a windshield molding, then it may be coming in from the cowl below the windshield.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cowl?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Yes, between the bottom of the windshield and the end of the hood. It's the area where fresh air can enter the cab.

Thanks again, Ron