Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox AWD and had code C0035, drivers

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chevy Equinox AWD and had code C0035, drivers front ABS sensor code throw. I changed the whole hub assembly with a new ABS sensor last weekend and the problem cleared, including the code and the pushback from the brake pedal. Today, 8 days later,the code and the brake pushing back problem has started again.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** can pretty much only mean hub, wiring, or abs module. I've never seen a abs module cause this problem so that pretty much leaves wiring as only possible cause. Do careful inspection of harness and if any damage at all replace the wheel speed sensor harness. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know where the wiring comes off the ABS sensor, but not sure where it gos once it passes through the wall of the fenderwell...can't seem to track it down. Where does it end up under the hood?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It goes right to the abs module but the wiring in the wheel well is usually the problem area since it is constantly moving and the replacement harness only replaces this part but you could just run new wires from module directly to sensor. Here is a wiring diagram to help with testing, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sifohnyb60e3qh/anti-lock-brakes-1-of-1%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered the harness off of ebay since it was less than half price. If it ends up not being the harness, anything else it could be?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing else it could be other then wiring/harness, abs module, or new hub assembly which is unlikely. I think the new harness should take care of problem. Let me know how it turns out or if you run into questions. Thanks.