Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2015 Camaro 2LT convertible with the MyLink audio

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Camaro 2LT convertible with the MyLink audio system (back up camera, steering wheel controls, Boston Acustics, heated seat controls, basically everything but the navigation. My question is if I find a 2015 Camaro head & faceplate with all the same features plus navigation will that be a direct replacement for the non-nav unit. Will all the current wiring be applicable? I understand through other investigation it would not be possible on earlier Gen5 Camaros however apparently the wiring changed on the 2015. Thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this is a new model some of the retro fit info isnt available to some of us yet and this may be why no one has replied here.

The best place to see if this is a swap over that can be done as well as what parts may be required (like a gps antennae and nav control unit itself) you would want to contact either a dealers parts department or service center to see if there is a retro fit available for this.On some models it may be possible with adding some components and reprogramming but on other models where the wiring is different or isnt compatible this woudnt be an option that can be added unfortunately.The parts or service department usually wont charge anything to look into this to tell you if it is possibly unless they need to hook up to your vehicle or inspect it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, I guess I was hoping for more information than provided. The trouble with going to dealers is they always want to know if you bought the car at their dealership. In my case the dealership I bought the car at is 275 miles away (went were I got the best deal) At any rate I can't seem to find an answer to my question anywhere, thought you guys might have access to wiring diagrams, etc. that would tell the entire story. Keep in mind I have found the head (radio box behind the faceplate) and faceplate at a salvage company. As far as the antenna I can look at the Shark fin antenna on my car to determine if it is also the antenna needed for nav. I'm more concerned about the wiring than anything else. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In some cases on the newer models not all of the info is released unless you have access to the dealer diagrams and info and in this case unfortunately I do not.The dealers some times do gripe about not purchasing from them but they should still be able to look into this here for you.The only thing I show for radio and navigation on this new of a model is the technical service bulletins and some light repair info unrelated to what you want to do here.

The best place being that this is a 2015 model unfortunately is to contact a dealer on this since they will have the most up to date info including the diagrams for this here.You might be able to order in diagrams from them or purchase copies from them as well in some cases.

One other option is https://www.alldatadiy.com/.They do charge a fee but the fee is good for one year on your vehicle usually.They may or may not have the updated diagrams and info you are seeking.

I do hope this has helped in some way here.

Thanks Pete