GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2007 chevy silverado battery went dead yesterday.

Customer Question

My 2007 chevy silverado battery went dead yesterday. Replaced the battery and the entire cab is still dead. When the dash does light up it has "service security system" but it will not turn over
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name?

With your vehicle, can I assume that when you say dead, there are no locks, light, no outlet power or anything?
If this is the case, do you have a test light that we can use to trace this down?
Also can you check the mega fuse mounted on the firewall behind the battery for being open? This you can check by using a jumper cable (one clamp) to bridge the 2 posts and see if you get power back. IF so, then I would replace that fuse, If not, then can you use the test light to see which fuses have power in the underhood fuse block please?

Also if that does not correct it, can you fill me in on what you did prior to this happening.