Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 04 Chevy Malibu that has weak acceleration between

Customer Question

I have an 04 Chevy Malibu that has weak acceleration between 0-40. Problem recently started after transmission was replaced. Just had the transmission shop rule out it is not a transmission issue. At this time, there isn't any check engine lights or code to diagnosis the problem. Trying to figure out what might be the cause. Still have an active extended warranty on the car.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Was it the same shop that ruled the transmission not to blame which also installed the transmission?

Does the engine just not increase rpm, bog down, or misfire?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.