Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Fuel pump is new and running, new filter, and new solinoid

Customer Question

Fuel pump is new and running, new filter, and new solinoid .... nothing coming through filter as pump is running on and off. Can hear a click when pump stops. What am I missing ???
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if you are still working on my problem. The man doing the work is at 814/336-8858. Thanks for helping us... Mel
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mel, The pump should run continuously while cranking the engine over, can you check and see if the pump will stay running while the engine is being cranked and post back with the results and I will try and help you with this problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You areSorry for the delay. Between bad weather and holiday I have not had time to work on this. You are on the same track as local chevy garage. They say there are 7 points of failure to be considered here. Tomorrow it is going to stop raining and I will listen for the gas tank pump. The forward frame fuel line pump is new as is the solenoid. Several parts of the fuel line have been replaced as well. This is a snow / salt truck and is probably going to need replaced next ear but I would like to get another reliable season out of it. So far I am pleased with your help ..... Mel
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Check it when you dry out and let me know and we can work from there. Im here everyday.