Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

My son has a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ that has water seeping

Customer Question

My son has a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ that has water seeping into the glove box when it rains. Looking for what causes this and how to fix the issue.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

There is one very common cause for the leak you are describing and it can be on one side of the truck and or leak on both side and its usually up front , the problem is caused poor sealing on the the roof ditch . I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as its very likely the source of your leak as well. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view the fail.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Water%20intrusion%20Nov%2023.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron. Thank you for your response. However, my issue is water in the glove box/compartment, not on the floor or floor mat. The link provided talks only about water on the floor.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The service bulletin may still apply, there is no way for water to inter the glove box with out coming from the front or top of the of the truck. Did you at least have a look at the roof body seal? After all water drips down hill.