JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have a 99 chevy 1500 silverado, 5.3 My son is about 3 hrs

Customer Question

i have a 99 chevy 1500 silverado, 5.3 My son is about 3 hrs from home and the truck got hot(260) he pulled into a parts store and noticed the water pump is leaking, he bought stop leak and 4 gallons of distilled water. he folloowed the procedure and is limping his way home as we speak, tomorrow we will r&r the water pump and thermostat but id like to flush the system of any remaining stop leak any suggestions on the proper way to do this
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

I would run a flush additive thru it.. then flush the radiator with a garden hose while the lower radiator hose is unattached.. I would also pull the hoses off the heater core and flush it with a garden hose in both directions

the stop leak can restrict the heater core flush it until it flows steady and clear.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you