Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

The digital odometer and all other digital information has

Customer Question

The digital odometer and all other digital information has disappeared. I have tried to find which fuse might re-energize this part of the dash panel, but it is unclear which fuse to replace. Can you help? It's a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

does everything else work on the dash ?

can you see in the under hood fuse box if the 2 fuses called IGNE and IPC/DIC are both good and not blown ? can you also see if both fuses show 12 volts at them with the key ON ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you suggested, I check the IGNE and IPC/DIC fuses and they don;t look black at all. They look clear and clean. They both show 12 V w/ the key on. All lights and gauges on the dash work, but the lit digital part in the center with the odometer reading is out.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the only powers to that cluster are those 2 fuses and if they show good the odds are the cluster is getting the correct power to it

which would lead us to an internal failure of the gauge cluster and it would need to be sent out or repairs or replaced and the odometer is using the same powers that also power other things in the cluster and since the other things are working it usually means the cluster itself is the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not a "car guy" so I'm not sure what a blown fuse looks like. Wouldn't it be black inside. The two I checked were clear.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you can also leave those 2 fuses in place and test through the little openings in the tops on both fuses on each side of the tops of them with the key ON if both sides of both fuses show power the fuses should be good

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer !