GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have an 2015 Sliverado 2500hd. Truck was involved in a

Customer Question

I have an 2015 Sliverado 2500hd. Truck was involved in a front end collision. most repairs done semi correct, due to sloppy installation. The one thing that was missed was a damaged main wiring harness. It wasn't until s couple of days ago I noticed. There was a short apparently and I was trying to fix. There were some exposed wires I was trying to separated with a screw driver. Wasn't thinking about exposed wires so I never disconnected battery. I repaired the only broken wire I could find, after disconnecting battery. But did notice the 175amp fuse on the left side battery was blown. I knew there was exposed wires when using the screw driver the horn sounded. Please read this carefully and follow along. It was at this time after trying to repair all wires my "service 4wd" message appeared on the message center. Did I short something out? Is this a simple fix? 2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6ltr 4wd
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

yes, the harness damage may have involved the*****

I would call the insurance company and open a supplemental claim as they missed this doing the repair. in most cases, they will replace the entire harness dur to the age of the truck

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No been to long they say and myself trying to fix it they will not provide any further assistance. Dealer will not look at it unless it's out of pocket, so need an GM expert to answer question with possible solutions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to work with a GM expert that has experience in 4wd
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will opt out and re post for you.

do not reply or rate or it will stay attached to me

Roy

Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I Am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

This could be an indication of a continued problem with the wiring, popped fuse or maybe even just a relearn is required on the 4wd system for the clutch. I don't suppose you have the means to scan some codes for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have one of the hand held code scanners, but I think it will only give me engine codes? Scanner is OTC (3109N) Trilingual OBD II/EOBD & CAN Scan Tool. Will this work?

Likely not. Most I have seen do as you say, engine codes only. One device I have grown to love, not for its description of the codes but the fact it will read ALL codes is a blue driver. It plugs into he vehicle and you can sue your smart phone or tablet to run the free app. That will read them all. Heck I have one on my tool box at work for this very reason. Its about $100 from amazon .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll see if I can get codes somehow.

Perfect. I know I can help you narrow it down once we have those.