GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Bob, I have a 2011 6.6L Duramax 2500hd LTZ and when i am

Customer Question

Hi bob, I have a 2011 6.6L Duramax 2500hd LTZ and when i am going 40 plus mph and try to floor it to pass someone quickly the trunk doesn't responsed for about 5 seconds. i have had this problem sinces it was new and have taken it back to the dealership repeatedly and they said it is normal i don't buy that.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has almost cause me to have an accident. Because of the delay, by the time it reacts it really takes off .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

HI there, I am Cam.
With your issue, Have you driven other similar trucks to gauge the validity of their reply that "its normal" ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, i haven't Driven any other 2011 Duramax's but i did have a 2007 Duramax that never had a problem like this you could floor it and it would take off right away. I have asked other 2011 Duramax owners and they said they don't have this problem but I only talked to them at the dealership while we were getting are oil changed. I didn't want to ask them if i could drive their 55,000 Dollar trucks.

Ok so the dealer has not done to any favours then. The first thing we do is compare the performance to a similar truck of the same year. But also it will be the same as a 2007 and such. So my first thought is the turbo. Now with that, before we go too far, what is your Vin and mileage?