JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have a suspension question about my 2004 S10 crew cab. It

Customer Question

Hi, I have a suspension question about my 2004 S10 crew cab. It is soft and bouncy in the front end. I have recently rebuilt the front end (tie rods, upper-lower ball joints, some bushings, sway bar links, and front shocks) I adjusted my ride height and leveled via t-bars. I get a lingering bounce after a bump, like a "woopty" on the freeway for example when the suspension is loaded, it will continue to bounce very noticeably another four or five times. Another example would be in a parking garage where I am in a consistent turns and transitions in surface. I will get a side to side bounce that last long enough be bouncing into the next turn.
Thanks in advance
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

what brand and model shocks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
monroe 32194

did it bounce prior to the shock replacement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did.

how many miles? did it have factory kyb shocks? sitting still does it pass a shock bounce test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
130,000. Had monroes on it when I bought it. Never Had it tested, but when I was bouncing it to level it, the whole truck was moving a LOT.

I say its the shocks... These trucks generally came new with a high end kyb shock.. If it moves a lot when bouncing it the shock is not strong enough to do its job.. I would pull those shocks and up grade... kyb, rancho rough country etc