Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 1985 G20 Chevy van with a rebuilt transmission.

Customer Question

I have a 1985 G20 Chevy van with a rebuilt transmission. Today it would not shift into any gear and is setting level so that I can not tell if it is still in Park. The engine is operating properly. I verified that the linkage is functioning as it should, the vacumn is present at the accumulator, and both electrical connectors are in place. Any ideas where else to look?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

in park will the van NOT roll and lock on the parking lock in the transmission ?

the fluid is full ?

in neutral will the van roll ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Park lock works, Fluid is full, Rolls in Neutral Problem: no engage trans-engage trans-no engage???? FYI:
Pan drop revealed gobs of clutch-face-mat'l in pan-- blocking filter--cold weather allowed c-f-m to drop off filter face and relocate due to parking on incline--trans engage and run normal until park level--restart=replug/no engage...One for the books according to Trans shop Dr. and now for yours!! :-)
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

we would have gotten there but i didnt not hear back from you when i posted 11/19 at 7:15 16 minutes after you posted the question

well im glad you found the problem