Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

2002 Chevy Blazer, no read with light meter on dark wire

Customer Question

2002 Chevy Blazer, no read with light meter on dark green wire for right rear signal/brake. Flasher at dash blinks rapidly. Front signal work and flash at same pace as dash blinker
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

That circuit is open somewhere, if you have no voltage at the rear lamp connector.

If you have a trailer wiring harness installed, remove the adapter and reconnect the OEM leads together, and see if that solves the issue. Otherwise, wiring issues are commonly found in this same area, near the rear bumper/rear of frame. Working from the lamp forward, this should be easy to find.

I can get you a schematic if that would help you, but I would start with a really good visual inspection of the wiring at the rear underside of the truck.