SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

I am having problems at time with my 2002 Tahoe. A couple

Customer Question

Hey! I am having problems at time with my 2002 Tahoe. A couple weeks ago as last night, the truck wouldn't start. It tries and kinda acts like it is out of gas. the next morning it will start and run with no problems.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it sounds like you might have intermittent fuel issue. You will need to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if you can recreate the no start condition. The fuel pressure will probably be 0 zero.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything to test while it is starting and running fine? also, what if I do not a fuel pressure gauge? Does it seem like this may be a fuel pump issue to you? Are there any tricks I can try while the problem is happening besides a fuel pressure gauge? Thanks!

there are inexpensive fuel pressure gauges. but one trick to use when it is happening is have someone bang forcefully on the bottom of the fuel tank under the vehicle while you are trying to crank it. If the vehicle starts then the fuel pump is the culprit.

It seems very likely that it is a fuel pump issue. Very common issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you.

your welcome. hope my information will help. Let me know if you have any more questions. If you are completely satisfied with my answers then kindly accept my work so I can receive credit. the question will still be open later to ask follow up questions for a while, so you wont have to pay another deposit.

please accept my answers if you are done. thank you