Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

Danny; and I am experiencing an issue with my interior fan

Customer Question

Hi Danny; My name is ***** ***** I am experiencing an issue with my interior fan selector switch. I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic LT3 4WD; 5.3 Vortec. As of this morning the fan switch stays in the high position and continues to run with the engine off/key out of the ignition.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello and good morning. The most likely cause of your problem is a shorted blower motor control module. Remove the lower panel of the passenger side dash and you can gain access to blower and module from the blower motor disconnect its power wire trace back and you will see module bolted to case remove its connector and you will most likely find a burned connector if not the module will be shorted. If this is the case replace the blower motor and module together along with the connector if it is damaged, and take this time to check your cabin air filter. I hope this helps