Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have pulled the starter relay and the ignition relay and

Customer Question

I have pulled the starter relay and the ignition relay and when I touch the positive battery cable to the post--- the starter solenoid starts clicking with the ignition off and key on the seat
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Disconnect the large wire on the starter and secure it so its not touching ground. Reconnect the battery. Now test the small signal wire to the starter. It should not have power. If it does then there is a wire short where as a power wire is powering the starter signal wire in the harness. If the small signal wire does not have power then its your starter motor and solenoid that is faulty or the the wires are connected incorrect on it if the starter was recently removed.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type. The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

2) You have already been charged the full question value. Rating, good, bad, or not at all has no bearing on what you've paid.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation. If you can not rate me, please let me know why.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Are you still needing assistance. I just logged back on for the day.

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.