Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2009 Tahoe 2wheel drive code P025a active after trying to

Customer Question

2009 Tahoe 2wheel drive code P025a active after trying to start my son has changed fuel pump, just got here has no power at plugs to pump
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

The code set here indicates a fault with the fuel pump control module circuit control.This indicates either the engine control module (ECM) or fuel pump control module is at fault or the wiring between the ECM and fuel pump control module is at fault or the wiring between the fuel pump control module and fuel pump is at fault.

There is a diagnostic procedure to follow to pinpoint which is the cause here.This requires a multi meter to test the voltage and a scan tool that can command the pump off and on.

I can say most common for this issue is the fuel pump control module itself needing replaced.If you want I can post below the procedure to follow to diagnose and locate the fault but the tools above will be needed for the testing.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete