GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala V6, it sounds like the motor has

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala V6, it sounds like the motor has an intermittent miss while idling, while cruising between 30-40 mph it has a hesitation/surge, while driving up the I-10 bridge in Lake Charles wich is somewhat steep it stutters and feels like its trying to cut out. It doesn't do it everyday. I changed the plugs and it settled for about two weeks now it is doing it again and even worse. I use only true gasoline, no ethanol. Have used Techron and Sea Foam. So many people seem to have a similar issue with this model someone has to know what's causing it. Took it to a Chevy dealer they ran diagnostics and said nothing was wrong. Shows no code and no warning lights. Don't have much money to keep changing parts thru troubleshooting.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

HI there, I am Cam. Can I get your name please?

with your impala, what is the mileage and VIN Please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike...will go get the mileage and vin number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
90,786 miles... VIN #2G1WT55N289135901

OK so this could be a throttle body issue. Good news is that its still covered till 2017 and 120,00 miles. I would go back too your dealer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I convince them that I need the throttle body replaced or repaired?

They will need to feel it happening and from there they should figure it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks man...God bless!

Peace to you brother.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)