Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

Have a 2001 4.3 V6 Silverado that will turn over but won't

Customer Question

have a 2001 4.3 V6 Silverado that will turn over but won't start. a friend hooked a scanner to it and said it was showing low fuel pressure on banks 1 and 2. He ran the battery dead and we can't recreate the actual codes now but truck still won't start. Any ideas it has 130,000 miles and the fuel pump was replace probably 2 years ago?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, have you tried spraying alternate fuel into the intake such as brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner? Have you checked the actual fuel pressure on the system? These are extremely sensitive to low fuel pressure, it doesn't take much for it to have problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No have not tried spraying anything into the intake or checked actual fuel pressure
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Try those and let me know what you find. Do not press accelerator when using alternate fuel, it will take care of itself if that's the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had a chance to try your idea yet due to a winter storm..I'm happy with what you have done so far but weather isn't cooperating with fixing the pickup
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok just keep me updated, stay safe in that weather!