Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have a 2001 Silverado 2500 brand new motor everything on

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Silverado 2500 brand new motor everything on the motor is new intake waterpump everything and its dumping a lot of water out my exhaust a lot and mixing with oil now as well
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

This is almost certainly a cylinder head gasket issue. It can't be anything else except a cracked head or block, but most commonly, a leaking cylinder head gasket is to blame, despite the fact that everything is new.

I would use a cooling system pressure tester, remove the spark plugs, and try to determine exactly which cylinder or which head is experiencing a problem. Try your best to nail down all of the information you can before disassembling it.

If you are only getting coolant and oil intermix, but NOT getting coolant out of the exhaust pipe, I'd be looking at the engine oil cooler in the radiator. A new radiator would fix this, but a cooler issue won't cause coolant to go into the exhaust.