JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I'm interested in buying a 2008 chevy suburban with 6.0 L76

Customer Question

I'm interested in buying a 2008 chevy suburban with 6.0 L76 I believe...it has 223,000 miles and a "tick"...lifter or rocker or some such. Don't beleive it is a "slap"
I know it will likely run a while like this...But this is a nice truck...well taken care of interior etc is all good. I don't care about the 6.0 i have kids..not racecars to pull. its an ltz 1500...not 2500.
my question is which is the best future solution for me to plan for when it wets the bed.
a top and bottom rebuild
a used 6.0 swap (kind of hard to find) and expensive
swap for a 5.3 (tons lying around and cheap) my favorite option...better fuel economy etc. it is a 1500 after all.
thanks for your insight...dont know if the 5.3 and 50 will swap but surely they will
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the condition of internals.. If the crank and bore is still good rebuild it.. there are lots of used 6. motors out there try www.car-part.com Its easier to do a exact replacement all day long over a conversion