Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have a 2010 Tahoe. My reverse lights, tag lights, and rear

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Tahoe. My reverse lights, tag lights, and rear radio speakers all quit working at the same time. I have checked all of the fuses. Is there an inline fuse somewhere that I'm not aware of that could be affecting all 3 of these?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

The rear speakers are in no way connected to the lighting issues. I would definitely treat these as separate symptoms. The speaker schematic depends on what radio you have installed, if you give me your VIN I can determine what radio you have and advise you on that.

As for the lights, are you sure it is not a bulb issue? I would start at the lamp sockets, checking for power and ground, and work forward from there to find the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN 1GNMCA32AR176988

I'm missing a digit in that VIN, can you verify that? 17 digits is what I need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1GNMCAE32AR176988 Sorry. Missed the "E".

OK, you have rear seat audio control on this. Have you checked to make sure the rear speakers aren't simply "turned down" at the rear seat audio control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing the rear audio controls is if there are headphones plugged in to that port.

Yes, if the headphones are plugged in, the rear speakers should mute. It's possible that there is a malfunction with this control that is causing the rear speakers to remain muted. It would require some testing to sort it out.

However, it's definitely not related to the lighting issue. There is no fuse that feeds both of these systems.

There are also separate fuses for the LR PARK (which supplies power to both rear tag lights), and BCKUP (which supplies power to backup lights). Body control module controls the lighting functions on this truck, if it's not a bulb, wiring, or fuse issue, I would be attaching my GM scan tool to query the BCM and find out what's going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll do that now to see if it's giving any codes.

Perfect!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ran scan on vehicle and no codes showing. :-(

Can you see any data lines for the radio controls, showing what the inputs are, etc.?