Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Installing 6 way power seat with electric back tilt into

Customer Question

Installing 6 way power seat with electric back tilt into 2007 Silverado that just had 4 way with manual back to many wires don't know where they go
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

What year of truck is the seat from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 or later bought from from ebay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check tht the ad says 03-06
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is an 8 way seat dont really need anything but forward backward up down and inclne recline seat back, It is a memory seat It is just the power track I put my seat on the track no issue. there are no switches to operate but they are in the way still need to know how to wire to operate to move the track to bolt in place

OK, I see.

Are you good with a schematic? I am attaching one here that illustrates how these circuits work. It's a lot of wiring with the memory seats, but if you can read a schematic, the information is there. Let me know if you need anything deciphered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What wires do I need to get her going I know orange is hot and black is ground That is how my truck is wired my pigtail (I cant USe) only had 4 wires orange black blue and white

Oof. Sorry, I attached the wrong schematic. Let's try this one instead.

Look at the lower left corner of this schematic. You can see the black and red wires going to the horizontal motor. Forward and reverse is just a matter of reversing polarity. Use jumper wires, and supply power to one and ground to the other. If it goes the wrong way, reverse your wires and move it where you need it.

You'll be wiring this up at some point, yes?

The issue here is the memory seats. You need the memory seat module to make this work correctly.

And you're still going to have issues with your switches, assuming you have a new body style 2007 truck.... the switches are going to be different, so will require some ingenuity to get this working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont need memory to work it is just me so i jst need to power it old body style
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
memory seat module is in place I assume it is the black box attached on top of the rack

I understand.

The first schematic shows you how the switches connect to the MSM (yes, that's it attached to the bottom of the seat cushion). The second schematic shows you how the power is controlled.

You have the proper switch with the replacement seat, yes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet but its coming 2 switches Im just trying to work ahead, still though which ones from the seat harness should I use do i need to concern myself with all of the little wires

If the switch is there, all of the wiring should be connected. I guess I'm a little confused, you got a complete seat, with MSM and with the switch still attached to it, right? Because if you have all of that, you would only need to supply power and ground to the seat, via orange wire (B+) and black wire (ground).

I'm not sure what other wires you have hanging out of that seat. Airbag wires will have a yellow connector. Give me some wire colors for the other wires you don't know what to do with.

Also be advised that I need to leave my desk in just a few minutes, and won't be back until tomorrow. I will follow up with you, though, I'm not going to abandon you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no switch but can jumper i just got the seat base it was all wired but no switches. came from LKQ It can I take a picture and email it or text it to you

Sure, take a picture, that might help. I think you definitely just want to get the proper switch for it and use that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got seat moving by jumper wires do I need a seat bottom with switch bezel or can I use a manual seat bottom and add the bezel

That's a good question, I don't "know" that the cavity is there to install a switch in a manual seat cushion. I suspect not, but you'd be able to just feel in that area through the seat cover to see if there is a cavity underneath.

Would be cheaper/easier to source a seat cushion with the switch attached, I'd think.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which motor runs the seat back reclime

light green and light blue wires go to the recline motor. Sorry, that got cut off of the drawing I sent you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got her all working finally figured out which wires I needed used most of the harnesses and the hot orange black ground blurs and black and white to wire into harness and she is purring like a kitten thanks

Excellent, thanks for the update.

Don't forget to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.

:)