Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2014 Chevy 1500 44k miles got lower ball joints fixed bc of

Customer Question

2014 Chevy 1500 44k miles got lower ball joints fixed bc of popping noise and now I have anew popping noise when I turn my wheel all the way to the left
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this noise only occurred after the ball joints were replaced there may be an issue with one or more components that may have been left loose or incorrectly reinstalled when this repair was done.I have seen loose shock/struts cause this here as well as loose steering tie rod connections.If this is the case and this noise was not an issue before the ball joints were replaced I would have the work that was done re checked to see if anything was damaged,left loose or installed incorrectly causing this here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea but they are saying its a normal sound
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If this is a sound you didn't have at all before this work was done this isn't a normal sound.If they will not look into this issue further to further locate and repair the cause you may have to have another shop look at the noise issue to see if they can pinpoint the fault and from there determine if the first shop caused it.If found the first shop did cause this then I would see if they will cover the costs for repair.If they find this is something that failed on its own and isn't related to the repairs that were done then this would need repaired out of pocket unfortunately.

I suspect they will find this is a related fault to the previous work though.

Thanks Pete