Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

My trunk won't open on my 2012 conv Camaro rs. changed the

Customer Question

my trunk won't open on my 2012 conv Camaro rs.
changed the relay and fuse. all I get is clicking noise with both the interior button and the RKE
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, have you tried pushing down on the trunk when you're hitting the open button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that too. No luck
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok, it sounds like you likely have a bad actuator, but we need a multimeter to verify it, do you have access to one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok in that case we will have to play odds based off of symptoms, because you can hear it clicking I'd say the most likely is that latch. Not very difficult to replace, so you shouldn't run in to any problems. In case you don't know, there is a release cable for the trunk on the inside of the lid, so you can still get it open you'll just have to crawl through the back seat to get to it. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Never heard back, wanted to check on the status of your vehicle. Also, please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!