GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 09 Chevy Malibu with engine codes p0977 and p0700.

Customer Question

I have a 09 Chevy Malibu with engine codes p0977 and p0700. My car want shift into high gear
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does dis mean I have to get a new transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.

This code is for the 2-3 shift solenoid as a system. To have this code suggests that you have either a wiring issue between the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the transmission, bad connection in that wiring, bad wiring inside the transmission, a bad shift solenoid or there is the odd chance it’s a bad PCM.

I will post the phone call service request now.

I highly doubt you will need to replace the transmission, I would suspect the odds are high that you need a new shift solenoid.

The down side is that the solenoid is behind the drivers side housing and the transmission will need to be removed to change that part out.

Labour will be around 7 hours for this, and parts maybe 100$. This is not something you need a dealer for, rather a reputable transmission shop would likely be cheaper and just as capable of doing this repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can yu site me a picture of the solenoid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant send tryn to my sure we get dis right

This is a technical diagram of the solenoid and its location in the control valve body behind the end cover on the transmission.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thkx Cam. I'm gonna give dis info to my dad

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer OK to Excellent service and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.
Please know that the only compensation for my time spent assisting you is when you provide that rating.