Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2005 Tahoe blower motor and resistor keep blowing replaced

Customer Question

2005 Tahoe blower motor and resistor keep blowing replaced both 3 times what could be causing them to blow within days and hours
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

There is a well known issue with the wiring harness pigtail that goes to the resistor. The wires inside the harness connector overheat and melt the insulation enough for the bare wires to touch each other inside the connector. You need to replace the wiring harness pigtail to the resistor. It is a dealer part, so you will need to purchase it from them, and it is an updated part so that it doesnt happen again

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?