Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

We are hauling a 3 Horse living quarters Horse trailer with

Customer Question

we are hauling a 3 Horse living quarters Horse trailer with our 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Dually Dieselpickup. We are currently in transit to the Quarter Horse World Show. Yesterday the "check trailer connection" alarm went off. We pulled over and went thru everything. Got back in and the dinging started going off constantly. We finally stopped at a diesel repair shop in Wyoming and they could find nothing. We finally just pulled the fuse on the trailer brakes so we have no brakes. We are not in a position to stop as we have to get to the show, but we have called 2 Chevrolet Dealerships and they have been very unhelpful inspite of the fact that the online forums seem to show a lot of this problem in these trucks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I'll look to see if I can find any tsb's out on this already, but I doubt if they even have any out on a 2015 yet. It should still be under warranty though, why don't you just take it back to the dealer?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is this the HD?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Wait, I have 2 tsb;s, One second while I read them.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

here they are in case you want to read them,

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

The first one says, "This condition is most likely caused by insufficient trailer grounding and the trailer ground wiring will need to be repaired and/or upgraded."

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Or, "This concern could be caused by a poor connection at the 7-way trailer connector."

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

The other tsb looks basically the same.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Are you there?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.